Gaining insights into Future Tech like artificial intelligence, blockchain, and quantum computing is indispensable for organizations in the financial, pharmaceutical, healthcare, public administration, and any other business sector. The key to organizational success in the coming decade is harnessing digital technology to future-proof business operations and work practices. Organizations can embark on meaningful business development and digital transformation by paying careful attention to the emerging technological advancements in four key areas: decision-making, automation, data management, and computation.
At its core, digital transformation is about how to future-proof the business organization, leading to new revenue streams, more efficient operations, and better employee experiences. Agile organizations learn how to deal with uncertainty about the future, anticipate change, and leverage it to generate value. In order to accomplish this objective, it is vital to understand which new technologies are available, appropriate, and optimal in the context of the organization and its business environment.
Global organizations and governments, as well as startup companies and investors, have all identified artificial intelligence, blockchain, robotics, and quantum computing as revolutionary technologies that can drive digital transformation. Building on this vision, we will explore the unique features and consequent new business models that rely on these technologies to figure out how they can drive innovation and generate business value.
The course focuses on harnessing emerging technology to inspire value-generating digital transformation and new business models that are applicable to both legacy organizations and new business ventures. Overall, this course provides students with tools and insight about how to anticipate and shape the future by creating a vigilant digital strategy and insights into its implementation.
- Emerging technologies-based solutions for business innovation and digital transformation
- New business models for DeFi and Future Tech-driven emerging domains
- Human-machine configurations and relationships (e.g., ChatGPT, chatbots, robots, smart contracts)
- Artificial intelligence-driven decision making
- Blockchain-driven decentralized platforms and organization
- Robots and algorithms-driven automation at scale
- Quantum computing-driven innovation
Your learning outcome
In this course, you will learn to:
- Identify and explain the concepts and methodologies that relate to the use of emerging digital technologies in business and organizational contexts.
- Apply emerging digital technologies to develop new business models that can drive business innovation and digital transformation.
- Evaluate and critically reflect upon technology-driven business models and discuss how they may contribute to a business unit or case organization.
Who should attend this course
This interactive course includes a mesh of presentations on core topics by the instructors and hands-on workshops during which the participants practice the application of the newly acquired knowledge. Assigned reading material will prepare the participants for taking an active part in the class interactions.