Purpose and description of the course
Organizational change plays out through sensemaking processes, which can be related to different forms of change. The course works from the idea that continuity and change are closely related, which is why sensemaking is oriented towards narratives that account for past and future. The course helps you to understand the mechanisms and processes behind organizational change with a focus on meaning creation and leadership.
Sensemaking takes place in micro-situations and is crucial for group processes at all levels of the organization. Whether local sensemaking becomes decisive for the organization as a whole depends on the integration of more robust narratives for the changes where the need for continuity is central. Senseamking takes place differently in different parts of the organization, and the integration different functions are integrated into the change process is a prerequisite for implementation of change.
Key themes in the course
- Process thinking & change
- Meaning creation
- Organizational change
- Personal Management
- Models for change and opinion management
Your learning outcome
- Narratives can be used as a driving force in relation to strategy, culture and organizational identity
- The different mechanisms you choose to lead through affect the creation of meaning among those you exercise leadership over in different ways.
- Continuity can enable change, and that opinion management can be used effectively in connection with change
- Understand how alternative interpretations arise and are anchored in the company, and how you through your personal management can promote change by creating a framework for creating meaning.
Who should attend this course
The course is aimed towards people in private or public sector organizations who take part in implementing change processes or who swish to play more central leadership roles in change processes. The course emphasizes how leadership of change requires that different forms of change can be understood differently from mainstream change models.
Regaring the exam:
Our teachers are also Danish-speaking and the exam can be conducted in Danish if your prefer. Please make sure to let the teachers know in advance.